AFFORDABLE BOREHOLE DRILLING SERVICES
We drill boreholes as a serviced package offered with the following in it.
- Mobilisation. This is the movement of the rig, equipment and labor to the site where the well is to be drilled
- Drilling of boreholes. This is the actual process of sinking a well in the ground in order to obtain water. The depth of sinking depends on the reading of the hydro-geological survey report. This report states the depth, amount of water expected and the geological structure of the soil and rock underneath. The normal diameter size of boreholes is 8 inches in diameter, but the surface section diameter is 10 inches.
- Casing. We line the walls of the boreholes with mild steel casings to keep the wall from collapsing through out the lifetime of the boreholes. Continuous steel casing are used all over except where the aquifer(s) is located, where in this case we use slotted casings to allow for water percolation into the drilled well.
- Graveling. It is the application of gravel sand between the borehole walls and the mild steel casings. Gravel filters soil and other impurities, and keeps the casings firmly in position.
To drill boreholes, the following procedure is followed by our service team;
- Client submission of the hydro-geological survey report for our review
- Client submission of licenses and permits; WARMA, NEMA and county government for our review
- Physical site visit for logistics assessment
- Generation of a detailed quote
- Client confirmation of the quote
- Contract drafting and signing by both parties
- Boreholes work begins
For borehole drilling service provision, reach us in any of our offices in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Eldoret, Nyeri, Nyahururu and Meru.
Besides drilling, Grekkon Limited’s agronomy team designs a crop irrigation system and water harvesting solutions for all borehole clients without charge. We provide a detailed crop growing program and offer on the ground agronomy support for the first season of the crop.
We also supply and install all borehole pumps at competitive rates.