Drip irrigation is a controlled method of watering crops where delivery of water is done through a system of pipes, valves and emitters directly to the root zone of individual plants. The water is delivered in the right amounts and at the right time, so each plant gets exactly what it needs and when in need to grow optimally.
Why use Drip Irrigation?
We recommend the installation and use of the drip irrigation system for the following reasons:
- Drip irrigation operates at low pressure as compared to sprinkler irrigation. The system works under low gravitational force so that with a raised tank or bucket, water will be flow into the drip pipes.
- This method applies water directly to the soil surface (crop roots) and allows the water to percolate under low pressure and in a specific pattern. This ensures your lowers the growth of weeds.
- Drip irrigation saves water since only the root zone is supplied and little, is lost to weed, or is lost through evaporation. Through this method of irrigation, a lot of water is conserved.
- Drip irrigation systems work in sloppy or irregularly shaped land that are difficult water with a sprinkler system. Grekkon Limited drip irrigation systems are designed for all terrains.
- A drip-line slowly releases water into the soil and directly to the roots of plants. This way, there is no run-off of water on the surface of the soil. This avoids or highly reduces the chances of soil erosion.
- the system ensure proper moisture level in the soil, which lowers crop disease incident. This results in beautiful, healthy plants.