Step by Step procedure on how to weld dam liners together
Farmers always face challenge on how to join dam liners. This is because dam liners come in fixed widths and what they require sometimes need to be customized. This article will give a clear step by step guideline on how to join dam liners to get that perfect joint using dam liner welding machine supplied by Grekkon Limited.
ALSO READ: How to select dam liners for dam lining
Dam liner welding machine.
Joining two dam lining materials is technically referred to as dam liner welding. This is done using the dam liner welding machine. This machine works by heating the two liners till they melt, where they are gently pressed together using a roller. There are two types of dam liner welding machines in Kenya.
1. Hot air welding machine
2. Hot wedge welding machine
The price of dam liner welding machine is Kes. 45,000 for the hot air welding machine and Kes. 270,000 for the hot wedge welding machine.
How to join Two Dam liners
- Lay your two damliners on a flat surface
For non flat surface, you may be forced to put timber or any flat object below the damliners
- Have the Two dam liners overlap at a 4-6 inches apart
The overlapping will ensure you get sufficient space for welding
- Make sure the damliners overlap in a straight line
This is to ensure all the joints will be joined tightly
- Carry out the actual welding
This can be done using the hot air welding machine
- You can also carry out the welding using the hot weldge welding machine
This is the fastest method of joining two dam liners
- Confirm if there are holes that need further sealing
Then finally install your fish pond liner or dam liner
- Once the installation is done, fill water into the dam liner or fish pond liner
This can be through run off or pumping water from a borehole, well, rain water or river water