Greenhouse Polythene Sheet
KSh87.00 (Exclusive of 3% Service Charge.)
Greenhouse Polythene Sheet
UV Stabilized Greenhouse Polythene Sheet is 200 micron thick used to cover field/greenhouse. The greenhouse polythene sheet optimizes light transmittance and minimizes temperature fluctuations apart from protecting & enhancing crop growth and harvest.
Grekkon Limited’s UV treated greenhouse cover, is uv stabilized to last you for upto 5 years. We have clear and the yellow colour with widths of upto 14m. Our greenhouse polythene price is Kes. 85 per m sq.
Read Also Greenhouse high value crops
Advantages of Greenhouse covers
- It offers you a longer growing season. Growing seasons can be extended even in cold seasons
- You can grow a variety of plants, especially the high value crops, thus boosting your income.
- Growing crops under a greenhouse ensures pests are kept at bay. This includes insects, diseases, rodents etc. Use of chemicals is greatly reduced.
- There is optimum growing environment for the plants.
- Plants are protected from bad weather
- Reduced use of dangerous pesticides
- Beneficial insects are protected e,g bees, lady birds etc
Types of Greenhouse polythene covers
Greenhouse polythene s come in two colours, mainly clear (sometimes referred as milky white) and yellow. The choice of colour will depend on the crop grown.
- Nectrarine Clear or milky white greenhouse films (for vegetables) are ideal for farms in high altitudes or areas with extremely low temperatures. They have slightly higher temperatures at night than outside. They are ideal for vegetables such as tomatoes, capsicums
- Yellow greenhouse films are ideal for high altitudes and lower temperatures. They have excellent anti drip and anti-fog properties. It is highly recommended for cucumber growers and multi coloured plants, mainly flowers
Greenhouse sheet Thickness
Greenhouse polythene come in various thickness or gauge, mainly 150 microns, 180 microns and 200 microns. 200 microns plastic films are the most common in Kenya and East Africa. Use a caliper to measure the exact thickness.
UV treated greenhouse plastic films have to be UV stabilized. This offers better strength, preventing harmful rays from the sun thereby increasing their longevity. Films that aren’t UV treated will wear out in the shortest time possible. It also has to be translucent so as to diffuse light well bouncing the available sunlight and
Greenhouse Polythene Price in Kenya
|Colour||Gauge||Price Per m2|
|Nectarine/Milky White||200 microns||85|
The above table shows greenhouse polythene sheet price in Kenya supplied by Grekkon Limited
Also Read: Metallic greenhouse construction in Kenya
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.