KSh65.00 – KSh135.00 (Exclusive of 3% Service Charge.)
Buy quality shade nets from Grekkon Limited, one the largest suppliers of shade nets in Kenya and the entire Africa. Our shade nets for plants are strictly made from UV treated mono filament material, to ensure they last a decade in your farm. They can withstand harsh tropical climate such as too much sunlight and excessive rainfall.
Use our nursery shade nets to protect your plants from excessive sunlight, harmful UV rays, too much rain, strong winds and harmful pests. Plants grown under our nursery shade nets are stronger and healthier and are able to tackle harsh environmental climate when transferred to the main field.
Best Agricultural Shade Nets for Plants in Kenya
Shade nets are well knitted uv treated fabrics of different colours and percentages used to provide a mixture of shade and light to shade loving plants by reducing temperatures under the cover. Shade nets provide cover to crops and protect them from excessive heat and bad weather. They are the best choice for protecting plants against hailstorms. Apart from agriculture, shade nets have a wide application in the construction and automotive industries.
Grekkon Limited is offers the widest variety of shade nets in Kenya and is one of the largest suppliers in East Africa. Our shade nets for plants are manufactured to provide the best micro climate for your seedlings and crops.
Types of Shade Nets for Plants in Kenya
Agricultural nets in Kenya come in two colours: Black and green. Black nets are the most common and widely used by plant raisers for raising seedlings. Green agricultural shade nets are popular with mature crops, just to blend with the green surroundings. They also come in various percentages as highlighted below.
- 30% Shade Netting. Allows 70% of sun light energy and blocks 30% of the sun.
- 40% Shade Netting. Allows 60% of sun light energy and blocks 40% of the sun.
- 55% Shade Netting. Allows 45% of sun light energy and blocks 55% of the sun.
- 75% Shade Netting. Allows 25% of sun light energy and blocks 75% of the sun.
- 90% Shade Netting. Allows 10% of sun light energy and blocks 90% of the sun.
Shade netting by use
Nursery shade nets
shade nets for nursery are nets used for raising seedlings. Vegetables, fruit trees and coffee seedlings typically use 55% or 75% shading nets while tea seedlings require 90% shade netting.
Shade nets for mature crops
They are used for production of mature crops. 30%, 50% and 90% shade nets are widely used for raising mature crops.
Uses of Shade Netting in Kenya
Grekkon agricultural shade nets are used to protect plants from excessive sunlight, harmful UV rays, too much rain, hailstones, strong winds, birds, bats and harmful pests. Plants grown under our shade nets are stronger and healthier and are able to tackle harsh environmental climate when transferred to the main field. The various uses of shade netting systems are:
- Seedlings production. Nursery shade nets are widely used by plant raisers in Kenya to raise quality seedlings. Seedlings propagated in agricultural shade nets and greenhouses are stronger and of good quality. They include vegetable seedlings, avocado seedlings, apple seedlings etc.
- Crop production. Agricultural shade nets are used to grow a variety of crops that would require such micro climate to thrive. Such crops include strawberries, certain vegetables etc.
- Car parking shade nets. Water proof and non-water proof shade nets used to protect vehicles from excessive heat radiation.
- Construction nets. During construction, shade nets provide protection from excessive sun and as wind breakers. Fencing shade nets also provide privacy in homesteads.
How to select agricultural shade nets for your plants.
Before purchasing a shade net, the first and foremost thing is choose a reliable shade net supplier in Kenya. Shade nets in Kenya from Grekkon Limited are considered to be the best in the region. Also consider:
- UV treatment: Agricultural nets should strictly be made from UV treated mono filament material, to ensure they last for more than 5 years at the farm. They should withstand harsh tropical climate such as too much sunlight and excessive rainfall.
- Weight: When selecting shade net, you need to check the weight and durability. Shade nets should be lightweight and long-lasting. Good shade nets should be easy to install. It should offer effective light shade along with proper temperature control.
- Crop type: Some crops perform better under full exposure under the sun while others under a shade. A farmer needs to decide if or not the crop will need shading. Adequate sunlight is necessary for photosynthesis, the process by which plants make food
- Crop stage of growth: Tender plants in the nursery are best shaded by 50%, 75% or 90% shad nets. It is important to understand how much does a shade net reduce the temperature in nurseries.
- Location: Crops is warmer areas (low lands) require darker shades of 75% and 90% while crops grown the highlands work well with 30%, 40% and 55%.
- Budget: A 90% shade net is more expensive than a 75% one, and so on. The more shading the more expensive it becomes.
Shade Net Specifications
- Mesh type: 70%
- Dimensions: 4m by 50m and 2m by 10m for 90%
- Material Type: Uv treated Monofilament
- Colour: Green & Black
Shade net prices in Kenya
The price of shade nets in Kenya per m sq is Kes. 80 for 30% shading, Kes. 95 for 55% shading, Kes. 120 for 75% shading and Kes. 180 for 90%.
Where to Buy shade Nets in Kenya
You can buy shade nets in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu Eldoret, Kitale, Bungoma, Turkana, Baringo, Kapsabet, Kericho or anywhere in Kenya from Grekkon Limited. Call us 0n 0711 895 635 to place your order.
|Dimensions||400 × 5000 cm|
|Shade Net type:||
Shade net(30%), Shade net(55%), Shade net(70%), Shade net(90%)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.