WE ARE ALL ABOUT HEALTHY CROPS
Our planting trays provide farmers with innovative ways of starting off their high value crops, in any soil or environmental condition.
We stock high quality planting trays in Kenya to cater for your propagation needs, both seeds and cuttings.
Advantages of using seedling trays for seedling germination are:
- Reduces incidences of damping off caused by overcrowding and non treated soil.
- You are assured of good germination compared to soil.
- There is much improved root development and reduces incidences of transplanting shock.
- Crops grown from germination trays mature faster as they quickly establish once transplanted
- Uniform harvesting as compared to those raised directly in the soil.
- They can easily be transported with zero damage.
We stock a variety of planting trays have the following number of cells each
i. 28 cells. Ideal for rearing silk worms, fruit tree and forestry seedlings
ii. 50 cells. For fruit and forestry seedlings that will be transplanted when small or young
iii. 66 cells. For fruit and forestry seedlings that will be transplanted when small or young
iv. 160 cells. For vegetable crop seedlings that will be transplanted when large or older. This used for commonly for open field crop transplants.
v. 204 cells. For vegetable crop seedlings that will be transplanted when at smaller or younger. Tomato, pepper, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, chillies are examples of crops propagated in these trays.
vi. 288 cells. For For vegetable crop seedlings that are small such as onion
Our planting trays are UV treated which makes them last long in tropical locations where the sun’s radiation is high throughout the year. You can store and re-use them in your subsequent plantings.
We pride ourselves by being the leading cocopeat supplier in Kenya for specialized plantings, mainly for raising seedlings and flower production.
It’s a natural material produced from coconut husks.
Advantages of cocopeat as a growing medium for seedlings
- Coco peat is highly porous. This keeps the medium well aerated and loose for better root growth
Has good water holding capacity ensuring there is no overwatering or underwatering of your seedlings
- High porosity, high water holding capacity and high cation exchange capacity together mean that the quantity of coco peat required per plant can be very less.
- It is easy to transport cocopeat because it can easily be compressed
- Cocopeat provides a great environment for root beneficial fungi and bacteria to grow.
- The fact that it has zero nutrients means you can easily formulate various quantities required for your seedlings.
- It is disease and pest free compared to soil.
Note that cocopeat has to be treated first by socking in a solution of calcium nitrate to reduce sodium levels which causes root scorching.
- 5kg block enough for approximately 12-17 trays.
- 1.25kg block enough for 1-3 seedling trays