Tomato drip irrigation kits in Kenya are meant to help farmers achieve maximum yields. Grekkon tomato drip irrigation kits are designed to use less water, maximize yields and eventually increase farmers’ income. Our tomato drip irrigation systems are custom made to fit your farm and budget. The driplines and other components used are of top quality to ensure they last long.
Tomato drip irrigation kit components
Tomato drip irrigation system from Grekkon Limited consists of the following:
- 16mm driplines with a spacing of 15cm, 20cm or 30cm. Our driplines have a flow of between 1.5L per hour to 2.2L per hour depending on the pressure. The driplines have a wall thickness of 0.3mm and 0.4mm. They are UV treated to last long.
- Main pipe and sub main pipes. Depending on the size of the farm, the main pipe could be as small as 32mm (1’’) to as large as 8’’. Small farms maintain a single sized piping system while larger farms have a main and a sub main piping systems.
- Filtration system. This consists of a filter that traps dirt and other debris in water before entering the driplines. The filter prevents blocking of the dripline emittters.
- Fittings and accessories. This consists starter connectors, rubbers, offtakes, drip to drip connectors and endcaps.
- Control valves. This consists for ball corks that create partitions in the farm. Tomato drip irrigations system have to be sub divided into smaller sizes to ensure water flows in each and every corner of the farm uniformly and at the same time.
Read Also How to make your own kitchen garden kit
Various tomato drip irrigation kits and the number tomato plants
|Farm Size (acre)||Approx No of Tomato Plants|
|1/8 acre||1,200- 1,500|
|1/4 acre||2,000- 2,500|
How to irrigate tomatoes
- Tomatoes are heavy consumers of water. You have to create proper irrigation scheduling for opening and closing. Do not over irrigate your tomatoes as this may cause diseases.
During cold weather, reduce irrigation water. In hot weather, increase water supply to your tomatoes. You can irrigate tomatoes to between 20min to 30min