HDPE dam liners are dam liners made from high density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic. HDPE dam liners are the most common dam liners because they are very stable with excellent UV and weather resistance. Unlike PVC dam liners, They are strong and stiff and don’t suffer sudden tensile forces. They are the most preferred dam lining material in Kenya and are ideal for harvesting and storing water for irrigation, domestic and animal use.
Advantages of HDPE Dam lining materials
- They have good UV resistance thicknesses and thus don’t suffer breakages.
- Can easily be welded together.
- Safe for storing drinking water.
- They are the best pond liners for fish farming.
- Very durable. They can last between 15-35 years depending on the thickness.
- Withstands harsh climatic conditions such as extreme sunlight and very low temperatures.
Disadvantages of HDPE Liners
- They easily expand in high temperatures.
- Heavy weight makes it very expensive to transport.
- Slightly expensive compared to other types of dam liners
HDPE dam liner is available in various gauges, notably
- 0.3mm- Which is used for harvesting very little amounts of water.
- 0.5mm- For use in medium water harvesting.
- 0.75mm for use in medium to large water harvesting
- 1.0mm for use in large water harvesting and in places with rocks.
Whether it is HDPE or any other dam lining material, Grekkon Limited engineers are always available to offer technical expertise.