Irrigation Water Pump Prices in Kenya
|Astramillano||Petrol, 90m Head, 30m3 flow rate, 7.5HP, 2”||KES 80,000|
|Honda (Original)||Petrol, 35m Head, 32m3 flow rate, 5.5HP, 2”||KES 38,000|
|Daishin (Japan)||Petrol, 32m Head, 30m3 flow rate, 5.5HP, 2”||KES 35,000|
|Milano (Italy)||Petrol, 28m Head, 28m3 flow rate, 5.5HP, 2”||KES 19,000|
|HISAKI (New)||Petrol, 30m Head, 28m3 flow rate, 5.5HP, 2”||KES 17,000|
|AICO||Petrol, 75m Head, 20m3 flow rate, 7.5HP, 2”||KES 35,000|
|Stallion(Germany)||Diesel, 75m Head, 39m3 flow rate, 14HP||KES 80,000|
|Power Italia (Italy)||Diesel, 85m Head, 48m3 flow rate, 14HP, 3”||KES 85,000|
|Carltons (UK)||Diesel, 85m Head, 40m3 flow rate, 14HP, 3”||KES 80,000|
|Lifan (USA)||Diesel, 81m Head, 41m3 flow rate, 16HP, 3”||KES 85,000|
|AICO||Diesel, 60m Head, 40m3 flow rate, 10HP, 3”||KES 75,000|
|Lister,||Diesel, 65m Head, 100m3 flow rate, 30HP, 3”||KES 200,000|
Irrigation water pumps in Kenya are mainly used to pump water for irrigation needs. Irrigation pumps in Kenya serve as the heart and engine of all farming activities in Kenya. Thus, an irrigation water pump is considered a necessity in all farms. Grekkon Limited’s irrigation pumps are manufactured to meet the ever changing needs of the Kenyan farmer. All Grekkon water pumps come with a warranty together with expert advise on how to operate them.
Main Pumps used for irrigation in Kenya
- Petrol and diesel Centrifugal pumps
- Submersible pumps (Electric or Solar pumps)
- Electrical centrifugal pumps
High Pressure and Low Pressure Water Pumps
Petrol and diesel water pumps are mainly used to draw water from dams, reservoirs or rivers. They are surface pumps with suction range of 6-7m. They are further categorized into high pressure or low pressure pumps.
High pressure water pumps in Kenya are mainly used for pumping water uphill or for pumping water over long distances.
Low pressure pumps on the other hand pumps high volume, but cannot pump water uphill or over long distances
Factors to consider when selecting an irrigation water pump
Before selecting an irrigation pump in Kenya, you have to consider the following:
- The pump flow rate. This is indicated in m3.
- Total dynamic head. This takes into consideration the frictional loss as a result of the speed of water on the pipes. When selecting pumps and pipes, you should note that:
- The smoother the pipe, the less the frictional loss.
- The larger the pipe diameter, the less the frictional loss.
- Total head reduces as you go up the pipeline, and lighter duty pipes can used towards the delivery points.
- Total suction head. Which range between 6m-8m
- Water source. (Dam, well, river etc)
Irrigation water pumps brands in Kenya
- Honda Water Pumps
- AICO Water Pumps
- Grundfos Multistage Pumps
Irrigation pump pipes and classes
Once a pump has been selected, you need to match the pressure requirements of the pipe. Select heavy gauge pipes at the beginning and low gauge towards the end when total head reduces. You can select from PN6 to PN25 for both HDPE and PVC pipes.
Main Applications of Irrigation Water Pumps in Kenya
- Drip Irrigation Systems
- Furrow and flood Irrigation Systems
- Rain gun Sprinklers
- Sprinkler Systems
- Rain hose Irrigation Systems
Irrigation Pump Prices in Kenya
The price of irrigation pump in Kenya ranges between Kes. 20,000 to Kes. 150,000 depending on the model. Contact us today for more information.